If you’re reading this before 1st May 2017, you would have noticed that there’s a tab on the menu that says “Writing Prompt Series”. If you hover over that tab, you’d see a sub category called “One”. It’s empty at the moment. That’s because on 1st May 2017, I will be launching a new writing series.
One of the problems that I face with writing is allowing myself the freedom to express myself. Often, I get too caught up with planting symbolism and “feels-y” moments. This writing series that I’m starting is meant to allow myself to relinquish control over every tiny detail in my work.
So, how is this going to work? I’m going to look up writing prompts online, mainly on Pinterest since I spend so much time there anyway, and I will write a chapter-length story based on it.
- I’m only allowed to use prompts that I find from searching “Writing Prompts”
- Search requests cannot be specific (unless I saw it earlier while doing 1. and failed to save the source)
- Chapters have to be somewhat cohesive in a larger story
- No editing chapters once they’ve been posted (apart from spelling/grammatical errors)
- A new series cannot be started until the previous one is complete
- Each series has to have a minimum of 5 chapters
I hope this goes well. I’m hoping to have at least 10 chapters per series, but it really depends on how events unfold.
I don’t know if there’s anyone else doing this. I tried looking it up but I only found lists of more writing prompts. So if anyone you know of is doing something similar, I would love it if you could leave a comment and link below! If you have attempted it yourself, what was your experience with it?
If you’re reading this and want to try this challenge with me, leave a comment and/or link below! If you’re not comfortable with making it public, you can send it to me via the contact form and I’ll check it out.
At any rate, happy writing!